Saturday, June 5, 2010

Icarus


The prompt at One Single Impression this week is Icarus. Check out the site and see how other people interpreted this prompt.

The sun is so hot
His wings will probably melt
Falling to his death

************************

Insiders
Cautioned
Against
Retreating
Until
Sundown

*****************

throughout my days....
deep into every night~
I am haunted.
a curse, some might say-
of an all consuming
love for you.
it is a ruinous path...
a dead end street.
I don't deserve your love
nor can I hope to
have your love returned
to me.
how did this happen?
unable to have the one
I so dearly want...
something must be done-
I have not the strength
nor the desire
to rid myself
of these feelings.
the flames of my passion
I can't extinguish~
my quest has but
one conclusion...
follow the path of Icarus-
be incinerated by the sun.
a coward's way out
that it might be
I can no longer
live without you,
so I pray for
a swift and merciful end...

12 comments:

  1. You obviously can't help yourself! I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well expressed..pain is visible..Somehow, I have always felt,'Self' is far greater than any one feeling.. renewal is possible.. but then Hoff, we all have our own space to handle and we are better judges of our conditions...liked your take on the prompt..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great use of Icarus to describe those feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful...after reading your third poem, the first one became much more powerful with its symbolic meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially love the acrostic, but all were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... i love the sublimation of it all...especially if the feelings might be a little harmful to us if not expressed properly..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely an honest look at the seeking which doesn't produce the expected. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These poems are amazing, My Friend! I especially love the last one- love the passion it holds and describes. Well done, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing work. I look forward to read more from you.

    help me rewrite Greek tragedies

    Also, please do hop on the Monday Poetry Train

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully written... may the ocean be kind and merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the different forms gave a lot of strength to the story....

    ReplyDelete