Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Love



Loss
Of
Virtually
Everything


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some words are said to often

many others,not enough

what is the correct balance?

when mutually felt,

do they need to be spoken?

recognizing what to say,

worrying about picking

just the right words-

so instead saying nothing

classes need to be taught

maybe a guide to follow.

ultimately it is

an individual's decision

what can be lived with.



will there be regrets?

only time will tell





The above poems were written for the One Single Impression prompt LOVE. Please check out how others interpreted this prompt.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, why is it that words of love are often so difficult to express? I guess it's the vulnerability that comes with it, and the risk of rejection...what a beautiful poem you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will there be regrets?

    only time will tell

    No there won't be any... I am sure..Hoff.. very well said.. could it also be..Lets Overcome Virtually Everything.. together.. think over it.. will wait for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also know that silence is poetic and as romantic...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautifully written! I love the acrostic and it says so much with so little. The second poem is amazing. It reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend once about how hard it can be to say certain things to those you love the most. Very deep poems. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly.

    Dammit.

    Thanks for this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the questions you present here about love and life. Lovely writing here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When felt mutually,not to worry about picking just the right words.
    Love speaks itself....

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I missed 100% of the shots I never took." Michael Jordan.
    Speak what is in your heart without expectation. I know, easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete